Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekday Post #67: Club Slogan

Hey club members. I’ve received a ton of emails this week asking if there is an official I Hate Star Wars Club slogan. I had never thought about making a club slogan before, but the emails convinced me that we needed one. I knew the slogan had to be memorable and clearly convey the club’s important message. At first, all I could think of was stuff like, “Star Wars SUCKS!! It ruined my life,” and “Star Trek Rules and Star Wars Drools.” Obviously, neither of those slogans achieved the high quality standards that I Hate Star Wars Club Members have come to expect from this blog. Thankfully, a brilliant slogan came to me last night in a dream.

May The Force Be Forgotten! Beam Me Up, Baby!

The slogan makes a clever play (but not a pun) on the incredibly stupid Star Wars saying with a “hip” version of the famous Star Trek saying tacked on for good measure. Try saying it to your Star Wars loving friends at a party tonight. They’ll probably be too dumb to know what you’re talking about right away, but this slogan might be the very thing that triggers their first rational thought and leads them to a fulfilling life of Star Trek fandom.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Let me quote your ASWF slogan, "May the Force Be Forgotten! Beam me up, Baby!" It will not make every Star Wars Fan who is outside youe made-up "Star Wars Militia" convert to Star Trek as you like to think. I have a better anti-Pentagon sloagan, "May The Pentagon Be Abandoned! Take Me To Alpha Centauri, Baby!"

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Post. I Like it.

http://www.happynewyears.co.in/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home