Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weekday Post #58: Star Trek Auction

I recently read that CBS/Paramount will be auctioning off several props and costumes from the all of the various Star Trek series and several of the movies. While many of these items are interesting and would be unique additions to my collection of Star Trek memorabilia, most are not necessary for this club to function. However, I need not tell you how absolutely vital it is that I win the Captain Kirk uniform from Star Trek 3. Imagine the fear that I would inspire in the hearts of Star Wars goons everywhere if they saw me in that majestic outfit. As your club president, I am asking all members of the I Hate Star Wars Club to refrain from bidding on Captain Kirk’s uniform. I don’t have a lot of money so the only way I’m going to win it is if no one else bids on it. Thank you in advance for your support with this.

As a side note, I learned about this auction when reading MSNBC. The article was fine and informative, but the title was terrible. “Two to bid up!” Oh, I get it, like ‘Two to beam up.’ Ha ha ha. Very funny. I’ve got news for you, MSNBC. Only Star Wars goons make puns. That type of lowbrow humor is not appropriate when discussing Star Trek. I’m not going to demand a club boycott of your website this time but if it happens again I won’t be so generous. Consider yourself warned.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually consider yourself important and influential don't you?

Also, nice, telling people who read this blog not to bid on items you want. How selfless of you.

Let's see just how much more respect for you I can lose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home