Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekday Post #57: The Truth about Star Wars Street Team

When I was on the subway last night, I saw an anti-smoking advertisement that said, “The Truth: Secondhand Smoke Kills.” Obviously, the ad is a bunch of crap. I hang out with smokers all the time and I haven’t died. Nonetheless, the ad gave me a great idea about how to promote this blog to web surfers who haven’t yet found it. I got to work in Microsoft Paint (greatest drawing program in history!) and designed some “The Truth” ads of my own. I printed 100 of these and today I pasted them on every wall of every subway train and station that I was in on my half and a half commute to work. One guy read the sign and gave me a high five. He smelled like urine, but it was still nice that someone appreciated my efforts.

I am providing jpg images so that each of you can print and post these signs in public places throughout your towns. In internet circles, this is called a Street Team. I’ve only made two signs so far, but more are coming soon. If you would like to make your own sign, I am welcoming submissions. Just email your I Hate Star Wars Club sign to me. I will review them and post the best signs on this blog for use by other club members. The best sign will be featured on the front page of the official club website. Get your submissions in quick, because these signs promise to be so effective that there probably won’t be a Star Wars left to destroy a week from now!



2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I notice on your blog about a "Star Wars Street Team" that you promote a stereotype that you can be "too smart" for Star Wars. You do NOT take into account the differences in people and their opinions, for it will SHOOT your theory DOWN!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greatest graphics program in history?

You, sir, are an idiot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home