Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Weekday Post #44: Big News About Star Trek 11!

J.J. Abrams revealed today that the new Star Trek movie that he is directing will not be about the youthful adventures of Kirk and Spock. He also chides some unnamed news agencies for incorrectly reporting this rumor as a fact.
“The whole thing was reported entirely without our cooperation,” says the director with a hint of regret. “People learned that I was producing a Star Trek film, that I had an option to direct it, they hear rumours of what the thing was going to be and ran with a story that is not entirely accurate.”

Clearly he is talking about the I Hate Star Wars Club. While I triple check every fact I post on this blog, sometimes mistakes do slip past. (Although when I do make mistakes, I correct them, unlike George Lucas who puts his grotesque mistakes into theaters nationwide.) I cannot adequately express how relieved I am by this news. I could never find peace with the thought of another actor portraying Captain Kirk. After all, they don't call me “William Shatner's #1 Fan” because I loved his work in Miss Congeniality!

Let me just add a personal note to Mr. Abrams. I had my doubts about you, but you are proving yourself to be a decent man. Thank you for not SHATering Shatmeister's enduring legacy by casting another actor in the role of Captain Kirk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home