Sunday, April 02, 2006

Weekend Post #10: The Star Wars Curse pt 3

One day, Natalie Portman wanted to get some acting work. She heard that Priceline.com was going to make a commercial so she went to audition. When she walked in the door, the director immediately started to laugh at her. “HA HA HA HA HA! The Star Wars girl thinks she can be in our commercial!”

Natalie Portman fought back tears and said, “Why can’t I be in your commercial? It’s not fair!”

The director laughed and said, “You want to know? I’ll show you why you can’t be in out commercial!” He paused for dramatic effect and then pointed to William Shatner who joined the director in a mighty laugh.

“Hello, Star Wars girl,” said the Shatmaster.

Natalie was amazed that the majestic actor knew who she was. Her lip quivered as she humbly whispered, “Did you see me in Star Wars, sir?”

“Are you mad? Of course I didn’t see you in Star Wars! Do you think that I, William Shatner, would watch such a film? Ha! Don’t make me laugh!”

Natalie, summed up all her courage and asked, “Please sir, may I be in a commercial with you?”

“I am history’s greatest living actor,” asked William Shatner. “Why on Earth would they put a terrible actress like you in a commercial with me?”

Natalie Portman fell to her knees. Shatman seemed to radiate with a heavenly glow. She bowed her face to the ground and said, “I am not worthy to be in your presence.”

William Shatner said, “Tell me something I don’t know! Somebody get out of here. She makes me sick.”

Natalie Portman ran to the door wishing she could hide herself from Shatner’s piercing gaze. “Oh Star Wars girl,” called Shatmeister, “Don’t let me catch you shopping on Priceline.com either!”

Natalie fled from the office in tears; she never worked in Hollywood again.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger m said...

According to "The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information": Ten percent of Star Trek fans replace the lenses on their glasses every five years, whether they need to or not. (pg 220.) I wonder...do you fall in or outside the ten percent?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger William Shatner's #1 Fan said...

I change my glasses only when needed. What does that have to do with hating Star Wars?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home