Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Weekday Post #29: Head to Head: An Exciting New Blog Feature

I was thinking about yesterday’s post and I realized that first-time readers who are unfamiliar with my reputation for impeccable integrity might be unwilling to accept the fact that Star Trek is fundamentally superior to Star Wars based on my word only. Additionally, I know that many “art film snobs” have highly analytical minds that are inspired to truth through unbiased scientific data rather than sentimental supplications to believe. For this reason, I believe that yesterday’s post unfortunately may not have reached its intended audience.

To remedy this problem, I have decided to add a new feature to this blog called “Head to Head: A Scholarly Comparison of Star Wars and Star Trek.” This feature will discuss the elements that the two film series have in common in an empirical and neutral style. I will use examples from both films to demonstrate the different ways that the two apply similar sci-fi devices, such as the aforementioned robots, laser guns, and holograms. By this method, I will be able to convince all rational people that Star Trek should be a part of their lives and should certainly not be categorized with the vastly inferior Star Wars. I believe that the evidence will be so compelling that even the most zealous of Star Wars fans will grudgingly concede Star Trek’s superiority.

“Head to Head” will be a long running series with each installment focusing on a specific element that the two franchises share. The first segment will appear tomorrow and then once every week or two thereafter. The posts will be somewhat similar to my precious “Versus” posts, such as Jedi vs. Vulcans and the recent Gungans vs. Scots, though they will of course be much more methodical. The “Head to Head” feature is not, however, replacing the “Versus” posts because both styles serve a unique purpose, the former slams Star Wars with facts while the latter slams it with jokes.

The new “Head to Head” feature is an exciting checkpoint in the I Hate Star Wars Club’s quest to eliminate Star Wars from the face of the Earth. The public is ready for the truth and I’m ready to deliver it to them. If I were a Star Wars goon, I’d be very afraid right now.

5 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want to tell you that Mr. Spock would disagree with the term "Star Wars goon" because it is a fallacy. The type of fallacy that term belongs to is Prejudical Language. You think that there shold be a battle betwixt Star Trek and Star Wars, there should NOT be. I would liek for you to take this forceful ASWF blog offline and pursue a better cause like protecting effeminate boys from the Pentagon!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There is a REAL Climate Crisis called Global Warming that is vastly more serious than wheter people like Star Wars or Star Trek, so wake up and smell the coffee! This scolarly comparison might me pseudoscience just so the person, like you, can justify his forcing his will on others, we, including Trekkies and StarWarsians, need to set our diffenernces aside to fight Global Warming. Global Warming is why hurricanes are increasing in numbers and power, and a piece of ice the size of Rhode Island broke off of Antartica between 2002 and 2003! Star Wars has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this crisis!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is pseudoscience, for you are doing this just to justify you rhating Star Wars more than anything on Earth, even more than Global Warming you ASWF NUT! I used to hate Star Wars twice in my life, the first time from January 15, 1997 to April 26, 1998 in Star Trek's favor. The Second Time was in favor on my proposed spaceship, Orion II, and against the X-Wings from Fat Tuesday 1999 to April 11, 2008! I saw that it only caused me problems and I changed my ways, so you should too.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing you've written so far has been delivered in a neutral way and neither will the "Head-to-head" feature.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You claim that your "Head To Head" series is unbiased and neutral, but you are just stating your opinion reather than neutral facts. If you want to convince me, then you must have irrefutable proof, and I do not see any, just what you hope for. But please steer clear of quote mining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home