Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekday Post #7: A Reply to “Sith Lord”

Those of you who read the comments for my blog entries, may have noticed that this board was flamed last week with a hateful comment from an anonymous Star Wars fan calling himself “Sith Lord.” My first inclination was to delete the comment before anyone else could see it, and many of you are probably wondering why I didn’t; this is a peaceful website and no one comes here expecting to see hurtful, hateful, and slanderous writings. Believe me, I wanted to remove it. Not only was the comment an inappropriate insult directed at me personally, but also because I didn’t want to get a barrage of angry email from parents whose young children had read the offensive sexual-innuendo, “Scr*w You.”
The reason I left that comment online is because I wanted everyone to see for themselves the miserable depths that Star Wars fans are willing to sink to in order to promote their hateful cause. That comment perfectly demonstrated the uncouth nature of Star Wars fans and probably did more harm than good to their cause. It is my belief that people who are unsure about which sci-fi space drama to watch will read that comment and decide that they don’t want to associate themselves with such foul people. So thank you, Sith Lord. You just damned your own pathetic cause.
The other important reason I left that comment online was because I believe strongly in the freedom of speech. Not only is it an important right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights, it is also a right guaranteed in The Charter of the United Federation of Planets, to which I have proudly sworn allegiance. The right for a person to express himself or herself, not only protects assholes like “Sith Lord,” it also protects the right of the anonymous poster who left a comment the same day saying that the I Hate Star Wars Club Official Blog “rules.” My heart was full when I read that because I knew that those bitter Star Wars fans could never defeat the optimism and joy that Star Trek fans had demonstrated. We are a city set on a hill and the darkness of Star Wars can never defeat the pure light of Star Trek.
Please indulge me to now write directly to “Sith Lord.” I know that you’re reading this; stupid criminals always return to the scene of the crime. Your hateful speech is not welcome here. Try to wrap your feeble little mind around this simple fact: It’s over! Give up because you’ve lost! The only reason you feel compelled to flame a blog like this is because you know that Star Wars is a lost cause. And on a personal note, I didn’t appreciate the name-calling. Just so you know, the last person who called me a "jerk" got his ass stomped, Shatner-style.

6 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad your link of Shatner stomping ass "Shatner Style" is a picture of Kirk getting tossed around by some guy in a rubber chicken suit! Star Wars forever!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger William Shatner's #1 Fan said...

Hey Sith Lord, maybe you should learn how to look at pictures! That is obviously a picture of Captain Kirk Kung Fu spin-kicking an alien pansy in the groin—which is exactly what I’ll do to you if we ever meet. Quit spreading your filthy hate on this blog because our club does not believe in hating anyone except Star Wars.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Loralee Choate said...

A bit off topic...but this is my favorite video just about.

"Spock's" foray into the music industry.
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/880/

Can I like both Star Treck and Star Wars and comment on this site?

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I have no freaking idea. The ears and the go go girls made me pee myself. Spocks pants were the BOMB! ;D

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger William Shatner's #1 Fan said...

Dear Loralee Choate,
Anyone is welcome to comment on this site. I just request that they do it respectfully, unlike Sith Lord.
Yours,
William Shatner's #1 Fan

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder why is it that you think that the only way to enjoy Star Trek is to be against Star Wars. A lot of people like them both, so your fallacy is a false dichotomy of either or. You are wrong that the only way to enjoy the complex story of Star Trek is to ban Star Wars. Star Wars is not really a distraction from Star Trek, just your sick dichoty mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home