Thursday, April 20, 2006

Weekday Post #35: 50 Posts! 50 Reasons to Hate Star Wars!

When I started this blog in March, my sister said that she thought that I’d lose interest in it after a few days. She showed me an article she found online about how several blogs are never updated after the first post and a significant percentage of them never reach the ten post milestone. She thought that the I Hate Star Wars Blog would end up being nothing more than just another sad statistic in an article on abandoned blogs.

I don’t know why my sister thought that I lacked the determination and willpower to maintain this blog, but it is with great satisfaction that I prove her wrong. Fifty Posts is an impressive milestone for any blog, but it is doubly so for the I Hate Star Wars Club because I have had to vigilantly stay one step ahead of the Star Wars goons, overcome persecution at work, and deal with a surprising lack of support at home.

Because I just barely wrote a month-in-review feature, I’m not going to yield to the temptation to reflect back on the first 50 posts. Doing so at this point in the blog’s history would only risk inflating my ego, which could make me vulnerable to stealth attacks from the Star Wars militia. I must stay alert and focus on the club’s future goals, rather than reveling in its past accomplishments. I will therefore limit my celebrations today to simply saying: Congratulations to me on fifty excellent posts. May the next fifty be even more devastating to Star Wars.

The next time you meet a person who likes Star Wars, say to him or her, “I know fifty reasons why it sucks. Let me tell you about a great blog you should read.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home