Thursday, March 02, 2006

Introduction

Welcome to the I Hate Star Wars Club official blog. I am the club president; call me, William Shatner’s #1 Fan. This club exists because there is only room in this universe for one space epic and that epic is Star Trek.

This club is a sanctuary wherein Star Trek fans who hate Star Wars (or anyone who hates Star Wars) can vent their frustrations with the filthy saturation of mediocrity that the Star Wars franchise spreads throughout the world like a plague. Relax and enjoy your stay and feel free to post a comment about how the USS Enterprise (or hell, even the USS Voyager) could fly circles around any Star Wars ship, including the feeble little wimp-mobile, the Millennium Falcon.

If you’re a Star Wars fan who is seeking help or who just came here by accident, stick around so that I can teach you why your sad devotion to a crappy space drama is pathetic (you’re embarrassing yourself!) and why you should make the switch to Star Trek immediately.

Let me explain how this is going to work. Because I am a busy man (I’ve got my first Star Trek novel to finish) I will only be able to write short posts on weekdays. These posts will mostly be observations, witticisms, and jokes (at Star Wars’s expense of course!) They will typically be short examples of Star Trek’s superiority over Star Wars. Every weekend I will make one longer post in which I vent my hatred for Star Wars in greater detail. These posts will offer deeper analysis of the significant differences between Star Trek and Star Wars as well as my personal feelings about the subject.

Please feel free to leave a comment about how much you hate Star Wars or how much you love Captain Kirk. (Or leave a comment about both.) This blog officially kicks off with Weekday post #1 tomorrow. Until next time, live long and prosper, unless you are Star Wars, in which case I hope you die a quick death leaving no trace that you ever existed.

3 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Arminius said...

Harsh.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Arminius said...

Harsh!

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't like this Star Trek-Star Wars dichotomy one bit here. I dislike the Alien and Predator series, but I do NOT set up blogs to tell the world about it or try to destroy it like you want to do to Star Wars! So-called "William Shatner's #1 Fan", this needs to stop please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home